Reform and Partnership's Press Release (English Translation)
The Reform and Partnership team has obeyed and respected all of Afghanistan's laws and has accepted it as the basis and principle for all of its activities. Additionally, this team calls for all electoral organizations, especially the IEC and the ECC, to obey and work according to what the electoral law and other laws pertaining to the electoral commissions has stated in order to guarantee its legitimacy and transparency.
So far the electoral commissions have not only disobeyed the electoral laws but have shown their direct opposition towards many of the articles of the election law and they have openly violated the following articles: 53, 58, 59, 62, 63, 79, 65 (Election Law) and 14,24,26 (Bylaws of the electoral commissions).
The phases of our implementations:
First: The Reform and Partnership team after the counting of the ballots started collecting the result sheets and filed the complaints it had to the provincial and central offices about the violations and fraud committed during Election Day.
Second: After the investigation conducted by the provincial complaints commissions and their illegal actions in Herat, the Reform and Partnership team for another time filed complaints and appeals regarding the violations and fraud and illegal activities of the provincial complaints commission to the Electoral Complaints Commission.
At the same time, this team with the compilation of documents and sources that discovered the following:
1. The repetitive registration of the result sheets into the system
2. Miscalculation in the data
3. Dissimilarity between the data chart of the results and the scanned result sheets on the IEC's website.
4. Difference between the processed and scanned statistics and the result sheets that were given to our team's observers after Election Day.
5. Deformed result sheets has been published and scanned instead of the actual ones.
6. The registration and processing of result sheets from ghost polling stations and centers that were closed during Election Day.
7. Registration of result sheets that were tick marked with one pen and by one person.
8. The registration of invalidated ballots and result sheets.
9. Registration of result sheets that exceed the limit of 606 votes for one polling station.
10. Registration of dubious forms and result sheets in the favor of Ashraf Ghani Ahmadzai
11. Difference between the total amount of votes of the preliminary result and the actual amount according to the result sheets.
Altogether, 513,800 votes that should have been invalidated have been entered and processed into the system and the fate of another 435,050 votes is still unknown.
The detailed complaints, objections and appeals had been given to the ECC and copies of them were provided to the mass media.
The ECC could have taken legal measures to solve the mentioned irregularities, violations and fraud and they should have acted according to what article 59 and 62 have stated.
The ECC's indifference towards the documented and evident violations and fraud of the IEC has resulted into our protestation and for the last time before the announcement of the final results, we call for the ECC to fairly, responsively, and transparently to solve the current problems according to what article 62 has stated in the Election Law in order to protect what Afghanistan and its citizens achieved during Election Day.