The leadership of the Reform and Partnership Team, led by Dr. Abdullah Abdullah, in their repeatedly refusing the notion of a coalition government has reaffirmed the principle of an inclusive government, all-encompassing using capabilities of citizens of this country, living both inside and outside. Referring to this promise, from the first moments after the election and gaining the most votes, the leadership of the Reform and Partnership Team once again declared that in spite of gaining the majority of the votes, it will not be after monopoly of power and negation of others.
By continually meeting with leaders and elders of other influential political groups in the country, Dr. Abdullah reassured them that the Team under his leadership will gladly receive all inside and outside Afghan capacities based on the principle of ‘reform’, in the axis of the Reform and Partnership Team’s platform and charter. In the post-election period, Dr. Abdullah declared to his political rivals: “For the sake of strengthening national unity and safeguarding stability in the country, let us concentrate our efforts around an inclusive government. If the election results are decided upon in the first round, together we form a government to be in the service of our Muslim and martyr-raising people, and if there is a second round, together and with each other we will work to obtain a majority for a legitimate government representing the people’s will. ”
The people and influential personalities’ decision to join, first of the Movement of Peace and Reconstruction under the leadership of Mr. Mohammad Shafiq Gulagha Sherzay, and then of Moderation, Equality and Construction under the leadership of Dr. Zalmay Rassoul, the Reform and Partnership Team clearly showed our Team’s truthfulness and commitment to our promises. It also demonstrated other movements’ trust of our Team.
With the joining of such groups, victory and our position for it, should there be a second round, are more than even assured. Such merger and association, on one hand, demonstrate the maturity and realism of Afghan politics and on the other, is a serious blow to those who try to create discord and disunity. Regarding this, Dr. Abdullah in his speech, during the joining of the Moderation, Equality and Construction Team, clarified: “Now, we are a unitary movement and dedicated to our commitments to each other. To actualize the wishes of our people, in case of victory in the first round or in the second round, our union is on the basis of not power in its negative sense but it is to serve our disenchanted people. In fact, now, our people have done their duty, and it is our turn to work for them in earnest, understand their pain, remain with them, and not divide them into ethnic groups and tribes but serve them with justice and fairness.”
B) Board of Policy: Corner of our National Coalition of Afghanistan (NCA)
This division of the NCA has a large number of members consisting of experts in different fields and those very familiar with our history. It meets regularly to discuss issues and current affairs. As well, different committees work on various topics. The main tasks that the Board of Policy is assigned are:
1) Discuss, review and develop the charter of the Reform and Partnership Team (aka the platform).
2) Review developed documents with experts.
3) Finalize documents with running mates.
4) Provide possible talking points with media, for the candidate and other top officials.
5) Provide points for speeches in conferences, for the candidate and other top leaders. Also attend some conferences on behalf of the Team.
6) Respond to various questionnaires such as regarding human rights, from organizations and civil society.
7) Respond to international requests for information.
8) Help prepare media spokespersons.
9) Help members understand our positions.
10) Liaise with civil society and other political parties not yet with us.
11) Learn about and understand rivals.
12) Develop meaningful slogans and campaign themes.
13) Help develop structure of the campaign.
14) Help the legal team with understanding our principles, ideas and concepts.